Event Management means making any happenings/occasion specials, grand and more organized, by Planning things & managing Peoples such as Vendors, Team, Clients & manage guests.
A person who is specialized in planning an Event is called Event Manager or Event Planner
An Event Planner is a professional who plans an event, thinks of new and innovative ideas for an event, has a strong vendor base for an event & executes a flawless event.
What are some popular types of Events?
- Product Launch
- Shareholders Meeting
- Employee Get Together
- Experiential Marketing
- Press Conference
- Activations & Promotions
- Celebrity Performance
- Musical Nights
- Award Functions
- Fashion Shows
- Beauty/ Personality Pageants
- Cultural Programs (Dandiya/Holi etc.)
- Birthday Parties
- Personal Celebrations
- Family/Friends/ associates get together
- Opening ceremony
- House parties
- Political conference
- Political Meetings/Rallies
- Election Campaign
- College/School events
- Govt. Contracts/tenders
- Food festivals/flea market
- Religious events/gathering
What is the role of an Event Planner?
An Event Planner is someone who helps the client from planning an event, come up with unique ideas, suggests vendors & execute a flawless event.
Role of Event Planner in managing an Event
- Event Planning – From planning the venue to ideas, prepare guest list & checklist.
- Event production – Bringing planning to real & making impossible things possible.
- Event Marketing – Getting Sponsors, selling event tickets, or event marketing plan for a product launch.
- Event Logistics – Managing guest travel, vendors travel & equipment’s moments, everything that needs to reach the venue on time & managing the complete process in between & make sure the execution remains smooth.
- Event Hospitality – Making sure that the guests feel at home at the event & making each guest as comfortable as possible.
- Event Designing – 2d design or 3d design, a good design helps an event planner explains his/her ideas more clearly to the client.
- Event Ideation – Event planning is a creative field & it demands event planners to come up with new and innovative ideas for every client.
- Event Sourcing – sourcing vendors or sourcing materials for events
- Event management – managing things, places, people & guests.
- Event Budgeting – there is a lot of money involved in every event & event budgeting hence places a very integral part of event management.
- Event legal – It's always good to make sure the legal formalities are up to the mark & every legal requirement; licenses are procured in advance to avoid hassle on the day of the event.
- Event Entertainment – Event entertainment is the heart of the event industry & entertainment makes the event more fun & enjoyable.
- Event Experience – Guest comes to an event for experience, no event experience means bad experience.
- Content Creation – Content creation also plays an important role in every event, content for Invites, standees, itinerary, scripts for dramas, etc.
- Event Food & Beverage – Food & beverages are the most favorite part of guests & it has to be top-notch.
- Event Operation – Every event has a lot of things to accomplish on daily basis & hence taking care of daily operations becomes a very integral part of event management.
- Event Execution – A good event manager focuses on executing perfect & flawless events with the help of perfect planning.
What are the skills required for Event Management?
- Designing (2D or 3D)
- Sales & Negotiations
- PR, Advertising & media
- Personality development & grooming
Event management is a fun industry to be in & if you are someone who loves creative work, Love travel & also love to manage and meet new people this industry is something you should surely consider
Still have some doubts related to event management – Get in touch with me on firstname.lastname@example.org, I will be happy to help you out.